Chief Accountant at LC Waikiki
The person will be directly reporting to Finance Manager and will be mainly responsible of all accounting and financial cycles including transaction processing and monthly closings, tax, treasury & legal, budgeting and statutory reporting.
- Leading a team of accountants.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records of all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Ensuring the correctness of relevant book-keeping and preparing all tax declarations properly and on time
- Being the contact person for the relations with tax authority and establishing a good communication with the tax authority
- Follow up new tax legislations that may have an effect on operation and informing the HQ finance when necessary.
- Responsible for preparing complete and accurate financial statements in accordance with local requirements as well as Group Accounting Policy. The Chief Accountant will be supported with this task by the Financial Manager.
- Cooperation with external auditors to carry out periodical external audit processes.
- Supervise and follow all necessary financial applications to the public authorities and commercial organizations.
Education & Language Skills
- University degree in Accounting / Business Administration / Economy
- Excellent Command English (written & verbal)
- Solid knowledge in local Tax laws and regulations,
- Strong accounting background,
- Experience in local bookkeeping,
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar positions; retail, FMCG experience is an asset,
- Result oriented and have a positive attitude,
- Excellent communication skills,
- High sense of responsibility,
- Ability to work in a multinational/multicultural environment.