Credit Risk at EFG Hermes
Handle the credit risk assessments of regional and international financial institutions.
1. Conduct due diligence on financial institutions and generate financial ratios to evaluate their financial status.
2. Conduct comparative analysis on financial institutions by analyzing
their financial and performance indicators, and credit history.
3. Assess the creditworthiness of financial institutions and their counterparties by analyzing internal and external ratings.
4. Assess the credit risk tolerance for individuals and corporations.
5. Set credit and settlement limits for financial institutions and their counterparties based on their creditworthiness.
6. Develop and maintain strong and professional relationships with the Groups financial institutions network.
7. Coordinate with other departments to ensure appropriate
understanding and execution of risk management objectives and processes.
8. Comply with the firms established standards for credit and risk.
9. Ensure compliance with all applicable AML/CTF rules and regulations as required in the conduct of the role.
10. Ensure timely completion of all relevant AML/CTF training provided by the Group.
11. Ensure response to AML, CTF & sanctions inquiries in a timely manner.
1. Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
Completion of a credit course from a reputable bank or institution is a
2. 2 – 4 years experience in a credit risk role in a banking or financial institution.
3. Experience conducting credit analysis on financial institutions.
4. In depth knowledge of financial institution and investment banking products.
5. Knowledge of relevant financial markets and regulatory requirements.
6. Excellent command of Arabic and English.
7. Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Power point).
8. Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
9. Good analytical skills.
10. Good numerical and quantitative skills.
11. Able to build partnerships and work well in teams.
12. Able to multi-task with efficiency and precision.
13. Able to work under pressure.
14. Ensures deliverables are always of a high quality.