Accountant at CADMUS® International School
Perform a variety of accounting activities for the preparation of reliable and timely financial statements. Make sure all accounting work is performed according to generally accepted accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assisting in maintaining accuracy of general, revenue, expenditure, and subsidiary ledgers.
- Conducting verification and reconciliation tasks for banks, associated SABIS® Network schools, and SABIS® group entities, as well as researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Reviewing and auditing accounts receivable, receipts, cash payments, and other accounting records and transactions, as well as ensuring money is posted to correct accounts and that all related accounts balance.
- Recording entries in the accounting system including, receipts, debit/credit notes payments, invoices and other journals as approved by the financial controller.
- Following up and monitoring collections from parents, and reporting on outstanding collections as required.
- Ensuring timely month-end closing of students accounts and supplier statements and issuance of reliable and accurate financial reports.
- Preparing and reviewing essential financial documentation regarding declarations and payments to comply with the governing financial rules and regulations of the country.
- Assisting in the development of the annual budget.
- Participating in the year-end audit by compiling and preparing supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports as requested by the financial controller.
- Coordinating with, and reporting to the Financial Controller on the implementation and maintenance of effective internal control systems to safeguard school assets and prevent fraud.
- Ensuring collections from parents are processed through the banking system, not in cash and reporting all discrepancies to the financial controller.
- Performing other related tasks or projects as they arise and/or as delegated by the financial controller and the SABIS® Representative
- Bachelor degree in a related subject matter and/or equivalent
- English Proficient
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in the field
- Professional Behavior and Ethical Conduct
- Communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
Must meet all employment requirements including, but not limited to, country and local education and certification requirements, reference checks, and criminal background checks.
Additional details about this position will only be provided to short-listed candidates.
SABIS® is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non – discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, disability or any other legally protected characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: E£2,518.40 – E£8,568.94 per month